Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Waiting for the Gift of Sound and Vision

Hey guys, have a seat (you're not actually standing at a computer, are you?) and I'll introduce my blog to get things crack-a-lackin'. "Sound and Vision", which shares the same name with a David Bowie Song, is something I decided to cook up as a creative outlet to share my thoughts on everything seen and heard. This could be a very sad quest since there seems to be so little out there worth seeing and hearing. Waiting for the gift of sound and vision means staring at a pile of shit hoping that a Monet painting pops out. I'll concede and say that 90% of art doesn't matter.

The way I see it, there are two ways of creating art badly. In the first category are artists, we'll call them yuppy hipster elitists, who operate on such a different level from the public, that their words become small and useless; whatever meaning they may have had is lost in all their puffed-up douchbaggery. The second are who I like to call "artards"; they just suck at what they do (I'm looking at you guys Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer).

So we continue to wait, hoping our efforts and patience will be rewarded, and sometimes it is. I created this blog to be there and share with you when it happens.

Next Week's topic: The Berlin Trilogy, Pop with a Higher Calling.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer should die in an AIDS fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Welcome to the world of projectile word vomit that is internet blogging. You are in good company.

    ReplyDelete